1. Welcome to MRM Forum - A Yaoi community by fan for fan. Enjoy
    Dismiss Notice

MRM Site - new tags

Discussion in 'General' started by MRM Mod, Apr 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MRM Mod

MRM Mod Administrator Staff Member

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017 at 2:43 PM
  2. MRM Mod

visoura likes this.
  3. Anzu

Anzu Member

Weren't pairing tags a thing before? If not, thank you now :D

4. welpok

welpok Member

These are actually great tags, will be interesting to see when most of the pairings are set up.

A suggestion would actually be separating the pairing tags, and having each character as a separate link.
    So for example, instead of the tag being "Izuku Midoriya x Katsuki Bakugo", it ends up being "Izuku Midoriya, Katsuki Bakugo". With this method, it will make it much easier to add multiple pairing tags and give us options when searching manga that might have more than 3 people involved.

5. MRM Mod

If so the search will not in order. Search for Izuku Midoriya, Katsuki Bakugo it will show results for both:

Izuku Midoriya x Katsuki Bakugo
    Katsuki Bakugo x Izuku Midoriya

Do you have any recommendation for the case please?

6. welpok

welpok Member

It would probably require renaming all the current pairings separately, this would be what I mean.
    [​IMG]
    This would make it easier to select possible combinations when searching as well.

7. Anzu

Anzu Member

Some people might be looking exclusively for those sorts of pairings, so I think this "general" tagging would make it a bit difficult if the thumbnail was ambiguous. Though, an option would be adding the (seme x uke) tag as well as the individual character tags, but do you really want to make MRM struggle even more? They have to go through each DJ and find out the character's pairing >x<

8. welpok

welpok Member

The idea behind that is that people could go into the search option and check for combinations of characters
    [​IMG]
    Instead of having "Character 1 x Character 2", it could just be an individual. From what I'm understanding, if you select a certain criteria in the search system, it will only show the options in which that criteria is available (so lets say in a scenario where each character is an individual I decide to pick Victor, then the "By pairing" section will be reduced to the pairings which only contain victor).

As for the idea of seme / uke stuff I still think allowing users to recommend tags would make these things easier, but I guess these are the limitations of using wordpress.

9. Anzu

Anzu Member

So basically a subcategory tag?
    Example: I click on Victor, in your case, then I see all the DJs involving a Victor (uke/seme) then there's a subcategory for all the Victor x (Name) and (Name) x Victor?
    Either way that's one hell of a system there.

10. welpok

welpok Member

I was thinking that this could be an alternative solution, but my only fear with that is having too much tags cluttering the page when loading a manga. I guess it's up for @MRM Mod to decide.

11. obnoxxxious

obnoxxxious New Member

do we have a supernatural tag? I recall an old comment thread asking for one, so that'd be super cool if we can get one...thank you for all your hard work!

visoura likes this.
  12. Anzu

Anzu Member

There is

MRM Mod likes this.
  13. obnoxxxious

obnoxxxious New Member

oh that's neat!

14. MRM Mod

If you have something in mind, just put it to the search bar, you can discover lot of good stuffs.

visoura likes this.
  15. Astheal

Astheal New Member

@MRM Mod I wonder if its possible to request tags? I want to request to delinquent tag (since we already have mafia tag). Also since we have office worker and school tags, is it possible to have other tags like writer/mangaka, doctor etc?

lastly, I think the male futanari and cuntboy tag is literally the same thing. Might want to merge them.

16. MRM Mod

17. MRM Mod

18. MRM Mod

19. MRM Mod

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.