1. Welcome to MRM Forum - A Yaoi community by fan for fan. Enjoy
    Dismiss Notice

The shota on this sight is a problem.

Discussion in 'Site Related' started by Tina, Jul 17, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Kouki

Kouki New Member

I'd also like a link to such a site without any shota...

I moved to Canada recently, and on my first flight, I was immediately probed because of my phone history having a shota/loli picture without even my knowledge!
    They probed through every image in my phone and laptop for 2+ hours in their secondary inspection... That by itself was traumatic especially since I'd been a victim of child molestation myself, I also hate pedophilia/lolicon/shotacon strongly, and to imagine myself being accused and potentially going to jail for that very thing...

I rarely visit the site anymore because of it, and because of the trauma induced when I see the baby-ish looking characters fill up the front page and every "related items" even to adult character yaoi manga which has no shotacon/schoolboys such as Ten Count for example...
    It also doesn't help that there will be lot of shota content not labeled as shota, such as "trap" or "otokonoko" which is almost always shota, or like middle schoolers or babyish looking high schoolers (who are still underaged and/or prepubescent, that I count as shotacon kiddies). So when I do rarely visit, I completely erase the history and I just rarely even search for Yaoi at all anymore because there's not really other sites I know of that will block Shotacon.
    Even other places like Second Life anime and yaoi community have been infested with shotacon posing as "femboy" when they're really just Loli-futa avatars, so I quit that too. I pretty much go without Yaoi for a long time, and even start to lose interest altogether in the genre as a whole.
    I know in English people like to classify Shota and Otokonoko as a subgenre of Yaoi, but in Japan they are both a completely separate genre not a subgenre of Yaoi/BL, and actually more appeal to adult men than the fujoshi audience, so it is about as different from Yaoi as Bara.

The only thing I really have now is a not-very-active Discord channel which strictly forbids shotacon/young-looking characters, that I had to make myself since even all the other Discord Yaoi servers I could find were with shotacon.

I mean, this picture is what I would judge as shota vs non-shota, regardless of characters' actual age (the characters here are all ageless anyway). To me if someone looks like they haven't gone through puberty (I'm East Asian so I use more lax East Asian standards too!) they are too young and their sexualization is made for shotacon/pedophile/ephebophile appeal anyway:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019